Orlando Mortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Napoleon - My Tyrranical Side

Go down

La Napoleon - My Tyrranical Side Empty La Napoleon - My Tyrranical Side

Post  Admin Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:16 pm

What won’t be at Mortals:

1. Asshole/Loner PCs.
Sorry, but this is a group game. You will need to play well with others. I don’t have the time, energy or inclination to take away my attentions from the cooperative people and focus on problem children. This is not to say that you can’t play a character with a chip on his or her shoulder, but I will not be kind IC to concepts that will constantly be clashing with the group dynamic. If you make someone who doesn’t trust the group, goes off by him or herself all the time or is frequently being a jack-off to other PCs, the repercussions will fit the attitude. In this game, you need your friends to survive. Make a character who can keep friends.

2. Winners
If you have to have the best pull, the most dots, the coolest weapon, the worst childhood, the craziest derangement, the Striking-est Looks, the pithiest wit, the most grill-marks on your face from being hit by the plot-but or the biggest bonus to your seduction modifier, I will take from you that on which you pride yourself most in some twist of IC fate. This game is about average people in an extraordinary world, not vice-versa. Vice-versa is called Mage: the Awakening, and it’s on Friday nights and is run by an awesome, skinny, Jesus-looking fellow. We’re all gonna be in this together and, while I absolutely encourage a balance of talents and skills and want people to have specialties, this game is not a competition between players. Let me repeat that: This game is NOT a competition between players. You must be willing to share plot, to let someone else have the last word/pull/action occasionally and not see game as something to be won or conquered.

3. Huge Amounts of By-The-Book Combat
‘Nuff said.

4. A Story Based on Dots
I play in a tabletop game with a guy who is constantly going to the ST and asking him to make his PC’s life more complicated. He asks for something to go wrong with the birth of his son, he asks for his finances to go to Hell so that he needs to get a second job, etc. In short, he asks for stuff to happen to his character, not to his sheet. I like this. The ST in me likes this, too. I will always, always, ALWAYS bend over backwards to give your character more story rather than more dots. I will kiss your butt in front of the post office if you come to me asking for story and not dots. It doesn’t have to be bad story – if your PC wants to find love or a really great deal on a new sofa, I can do that just fine. Sometimes the best stories aren’t about major plot. Sometimes there’s a great tale to be told in the purchasing of a new sofa. Who knows what’ll happen.

Admin
Admin

https://orlandomortals.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum