Orlando Mortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sourcebooks And Character Creation

2 posters

Go down

Sourcebooks And Character Creation Empty Sourcebooks And Character Creation

Post  Admin Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:54 pm

as this is your game and seperate from chronicle...
what books are you allowing?

Everyone is going to start as a human mortal, beginning stats. PCs will be using the main World of Darkness book. However, plot and story will open up the Second Sight book relatively early. I will always be willing to work with you if there's something you want, regardless of it being in a sourcebook or not.

I've invited several people completely new to LARPing and/or White Wolf coming into this game. I want to make sure they have a chance to get the feel of how things run before people start using powers and items and riding roughshod over them. Please, please remember that this game is going to be completely story and character driven. I'm not going to let you take an ability so you can 'win' the game more easily.

If you're cringing at the idea of starting out as a regular mortal human, this game may not be the best choice for you.

Admin
Admin

https://orlandomortals.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sourcebooks And Character Creation Empty Clarification

Post  Nakalas Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:01 pm

"Everyone is going to start as a human mortal, beginning stats."

I just wanted to clarify this sentence since we are going to have people playing that are used to Camarilla character creation. In the Camarilla all characters start off super powerful compared to normal games. For example here is an example straight out of the book of sample power levels for more advanced characters:

Seasoned characters: 35 points
Expert characters: 75 points
Heroic characters: 100 experience points

As you can see this means that a brand new player to the Camarilla (who gets 50 experience to spend) is already more powerful than a "seasoned" character. My understanding is that Haley wants the game to start off very low powered because we are supposed to just be normal human beings.

I think this means that we are going to be starting with 0 Experience. We get our 5/4/3 in attributes, 11/7/4 in skills, 3 skill specialties, 7 points in merits and then we are done with character creation as far as stats are concerned.

Is my interpretation correct? I just thought it would be good to clarify since a lot of people are used to the silly power level of the Camarilla.

Nakalas

Back to top Go down

Sourcebooks And Character Creation Empty Re: Sourcebooks And Character Creation

Post  Admin Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:30 pm

That's absolutely correct.

Bear in mind that (if you volunteer your character for this, of course) there is a good chance he or she will be getting stuff fairly quickly to add to your sheet. In some cases, you won't be able to choose what it is - after all, don't you wanna be able to yell 'I never ASKED for this!' all dramatically?

Again, you also have an earning potential of 28 XP per month, so by the time we've done four games/two months, you could earn that Cam standard 50 XP. And those two months will be just enough time to adjust to the game and get settled - and I doubt there'll be much pulling in them anyhow.

Admin
Admin

https://orlandomortals.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sourcebooks And Character Creation Empty Re: Sourcebooks And Character Creation

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum