Orlando Mortals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! Please Read This First.

Go down

Welcome! Please Read This First. Empty Welcome! Please Read This First.

Post  Admin Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:52 pm

Hey, everyone! I'm really glad to have you here on the board. I know it's something different and may seem a bit dubious, so I thought I'd take a moment to explain what's going on here and why I decided to have a message board rather than a Group or List.

First off, I know that by using this board, people are going to inevitably have OOC knowledge they do not have IC - insights into other PCs thoughts and feelings, scenes in which their character was not present, etc. I'm allowing this for three reasons - one, it makes for a more immersive and compelling story which permits people to become invested in characters other than their own more easily; two, it eliminates confusion during downtimes - you'll be able to read a scene or summary that will be easy to jump into, rather than a vague IC e-mail thread that comes only after a behind-the-scenes event; and three, because you're all mature people who care more about making the story awesome than abusing OOC knowledge IC.

However, please be aware that you won't have access to everything. Character histories, for example, are viewable only by me. Complaints, also, will only be seen by me. And, of course no one will ever be forced to post anything on here that can be read by everyone.

Some people can't or don't want to use message boards, and I will not punish them for it. There will be no scenes involving the main story arc of the game. There may be information or interludes, but no one will be left out of the main plot by not posting. That said, you will likely miss out on key information if you don't read the forums. Writing on the boards isn't mandatory, but it's just as easy to bookmark this page and click and read as it is to open your e-mail and scroll through a digest.

This board will be used to enrich and flesh out the game and give it more depth. If it becomes apparent that someone is continually using the writing on the forum to gain IC knowledge from an OOC source, he or she we be removed from the board and I will lock down the topics to make them viewable to members only. I really, really don't want to have to do that, though, and I don't foresee anyone making that happen.

Visit often. Post often. There're thirteen days of downtime and only four hours of game, so this place can be just as significant as what goes on during actual play.

Admin
Admin

https://orlandomortals.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum